Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What I Miss


I haven’t written much about homesickness or how I’m feeling in general, so I’ve decided to make a list of what I miss on basically a daily basis. Don’t mistake this post thinking I’m unhappy, because I most definitely am happy, but there are times when I'd like to just hop on a plane and go home.

What I miss:

1. My Mom still insisting on good-night hugs when I go to bed.
2. My Dad's jokes.
3. Rachel calling me up randomly to just talk with me.
4. Nathan showing me what's new with Andrew.
5. Andrew running to give me a hug when he sees me.
6. Joel being able to fist bump me when we see each other.
7. Marie talking with me about girl things.
8. Lydia asking me to read her a book.
9. Abi giving me a smile when no one is looking.
10. My Opa and Oma giving me dark chocolate whenever I see them.
11. Dan texting me randomly to hang out.
12. Beth coming over and going to Hager Park.
13. Bryant trying to scare me.
14. Dicta laughing.
15. Dette listening for hours to me while we work.
16. Krystal inviting me over to her house whenever - even last minute.
17. Tim letting me sit in the sound booth even though I don't work it anymore.
18. Laurie and I eating Chinese (AMERICAN Chinese).
19. The comfort/safety/trust of these people.
20. Seeing the smiles from the people I love most in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment