Sunday, November 3, 2013

An Uneventful Week

 This past week was a bit different than other weeks. Not much happened because we spent the whole week preparing for our midterms that were on Thursday and Friday.  Midterms are taken VERY seriously here and I’ll admit that I was scared out of my mind. Of course all the stress really wasn’t necessary as the tests weren’t as bad as they were made out to be. Funny story though – everyone has to put their bags, books, phones, etc at the front of the class before taking the test. So I brought mine up – PHONE ON SILENT – to the teacher. Five minutes into the class someone’s phone starts vibrating. Everyone ignores it because it’s probably just a call and will end soon. Nope. I was sitting there all annoyed at whoever didn’t turn their phone off because I couldn’t concentrate. The teacher listened to each of the bags and called a guy up to check his phone. He goes up and says it isn’t his. She listens more and thinks it’s coming from a different bag. MINE.  I guess I had forgotten to turn my usual Thursday morning alarm off…

One day while we were taking a study break and just talking in my room some people discovered that stuff can stick to the wall above my desk. I had noticed this sticky stuff in the very beginning and just never said anything about it because there isn’t much I can do about it, but everyone found it amusing.


We only have three weeks of Chinese classes left! I can just imagine how fast that time is going to go.

I gave in finally and wore a mask out Friday. The pollution was awful and I’m tired of getting sick because of it.  But ironically I got sick that night with food poisoning.  I swear, if it’s not one thing, it’s another. So I ended up not going to the Great Wall on Saturday. I gave my ticket to another girl in my group so she could go, so I think it all ended up for the best! I’m feeling much better now, but I can’t pinpoint what made me sick so I’m a bit paranoid to eat again.

Wednesday some more places were knocked down. It wasn’t as intense as last time, but it was still a shock.




1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm sorry you had to miss the Great Wall for food poisoning :( At least you can say you've already been there, however foggy it may have been, haha

    ReplyDelete